Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I know, I've been bad...

Haven't updated much lately.  I'm back to island life and with that comes hyper expensive internet connection fees...  I've started my rescue dive course and once I'm through with that I can start dive master training.  They basically let you dive as much as you want as long as you want (within reason -- that was their wording anyway).  Given that the thai government lets you stay here a cumulative 90 days within every 6 months and no more than 30 days in a row at one time (meaning you have to run to the border and then come back if you want to stay longer than 30 days), I expect I'll be here a few months.  So if anybody feels like visiting in Thailand, just let me know!  The DMT program sounds relatively flexible, so it's not a big deal if I leave the island for a week or more and come back to resume the training.  So I'd be up to some side trips to malasia, burma, cambodia or vietnam too (or anywhere else nearby...)
The last few days of sleep deprivation have caught up with me though and last night I overslept.  I was supposed to show up at 9 this morning but didn't wake until 9:45!  Usually I'm up as soon as it's light out so I didn't think I'd need to set an alarm.  I won't be making the same mistake today... 
Ok, I'd better go before I run up this internet bill.  Just wanted to say I'm having a great time here so far.
 

No comments: