Friday, June 01, 2007

things change quickly...

Well a day after I last wrote the guy showed up again.  I guess when he said he was coming back saturday, he meant the saturday a week after I expected because he was indeed back on Saturday...  Anyway, the bangladesh trip is still on, just not sure exactly when.  Last I heard he expected we'd be going late this month.  From life experience though I have to assume that's probably a hopeful expectation.  So maybe later.  Who knows.  Will just have to wait and see.
In other news, I'm now a bar man.  Two nights ago I spent my first time on the other side of the bar!  Woo hoo!  My resume is really shaping up now!  Mostly I just served beer and helped clean up, but I did make a few cocktails.  Next time I'm sure I'll be making more and before you know it I'll be a regular Tom Cruise from Cocktail =) 
Not much else to talk about.  The other day I went out on a boat with another dive company (the other guy going to bangladesh works there) and we played around with a GPS and echo sounder that we'll use for surveying the river before we lay the cable.  Then he took me out to try on the full face mask that we'll be using when we occasionally need to go in the water.  It was different.  About ten minutes under water after taking the mask off, putting it back on and clearing the water out of it I suddenly remembered I could breathe through my nose if I wanted.  I'd gotten so used to breathing through my mouth under water...
That's pretty much it for now.
Take care all,
Jf

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tom Cruise from Cocktail...I'd like to see that!

Ariana