Tuesday, October 31, 2006

just arrived in marakesh

I decided to see Cordoba after leaving Seville.  My impression: not all that worth seeing...  It seemed as though everything was closed for renovation and construction -- maybe under other circumstances...
At least it was good for a decent night sleep.  I got up fresh and took the 10:25 train down to algeciras, then hopped on the first ferry to tangiers.  By the time i got in it was already dark.  I asked a spanish couple Id seen on the ferry if they were walking to the medina and they said actually they were taking the night train to marakesh -- I was hoping to do that myself, but thought Id wait a day until I knew what the train times were.  They already knew, and the thougth of sharing a couchette cabin with two decent looking people was appealing so i asked if i could join them.  The couchettes were relatively comfortable and i got another decent night sleep -- now all i need it a good night of partying =)
So here I am in marakesh sitting in a room off the medina, the sounds of the snake charmers flutes going off in the background.  Im just waiting to see if they have a room for me at a hotel where I left my bag -- checkout is at 12 so Ill go back at 11.
Ciao

No comments: