Sunday, October 29, 2006

slowly making my way toward morocco

I'm in seville right now, just checked out of my fleabag pension -- it was dingy and overpriced which surprised me because I thought this would be past the high season.  There was a music festival in town though and people from all over the world seem to have come for that, so it might explain some of the trouble finding a place.  The first night I was here I hung out with an australian girl and her mom who were on the same bus into seville from Faro (south of portugal).  After some tapas for dinner, Ailsa's mother turned in for the night and we hit the bars.  There was an excellent vino dulce de naranja bar (sweet orange wine) where we had a few drinks.  Later we found a dance club and bumped into the guys who worked at the orange wine bar so after that every time we passed by it they'd call out and say hi.
On our way back from the night club, we were walking by the plaza del triumph and there were some people playing music so we stopped and sat down to listen for a bit.  Somebody came over and said hi and explained that they were actually one of the brazilian bands from the music festival -- nice, we got a free private concert! 
Last night we decided to go to the last night of the festival.  It was cool, but we were both falling asleep to turkish music near the end so we turned in semi early. 
The clocks are supposed to turn back for daylight savings time today, but I cant figure out if they have or havent yet.  My palm pilot is now an hour before my phone, but my phone is in sync with the computer clock here...
Ok, I should wrap this up and head out to catch my train.  Not sure exactly where Im stopping tonight.  Maybe ronda closer down to the straights, or maybe I'll make it all the way into tangiers.  I'm hesitant to show up in tangiers too late in the day though.
Hast Luego

No comments: