Sunday, September 17, 2006

What are you sinking?

That's what all the germans were asking when I visited Rodin's thinker today at the Atenium in Helsinki.

I know, I know, I still owe everybody a better update on what I've been up to and some more pictures, but, well, I've been kind of busy having fun =) My mom will be proud though. Yesterday I did go to church. I didn't realize that's what it was when I walked in the door, but I figured it out quickly enough. Later I found out it was even the Lutheran church -- which explained a lot, because although it was somewhat ornate on the outside, the interior was rather simplistic. Tonight I'm going out with some guys I met last night. Locals actually. A few weeks before I left, I met a couple germans in chicago at a bar and went out with them two nights later. That next time I met up with them again, one of the new guys I met said he had a friend in Finnland that I should look up. I'm greatful that he sent me his friends contact information just before I made it here, because it's always nice to see a town from the locals' point of view. Oddly enough, my newly aquainted german friend's friend in finnland is actually from Columbia and most of his friends that we met up with (ok, actually all of them) were also foriegners. A couple spaniards, a turk, a welshmen, and an american. Not to worry, that just meant I had to make up for the lack of finnish blood in the group by talking to some nice ladies at the clubs =) Tonight I'm meeting up with the same guys at another bar so with that I bid you all adieu.

15. Sept 2006

No comments: