Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Coming full circle -- again...

Well, Im in Frankfurt again and writing this from a friends place.  I dont really want to spend a lot of time here so Ill be keeping it short.  Sorry that I havent written in a while, I actually started to write something on the train twice, but kind of gave up after a short while because I just wasnt feeling particularly inspired to write...  That and I was tired.  And I felt more like writing in german than english...
This is my third time in Frankfurt -- this is where I started, this is where I passed through after my circle around the baltic and before my circle around western europe, and this is where Ive ended up coming back to to pick up my visa for india.  Too bad I didnt take the time to get it in the States -- It turns out if you dont live here it takes a week rather than a day and costs twice as much...  So I wasnt planning on spending the next week in germany, but then again I wasnt planning anything.  Still, Germany seems to have had other plans for me so Ill be sticking around a bit.  I have to say Ive had a great time here so far.  Last week I helped somebody move (one of my favorite pasttimes as many of you know), painted, played ultimate frisbee, went to a class at the university (all of those were in halle), then installed a washing machine, watched a small menge of movies, baked biscotti and helped a friend buy and transport some chairs (those were all in Tuebingen).  Tomorrow Ill be headed back toward the east to visit another friend, but I havent figured out any plans after that. 
Ill do my best one of these days to work up the energy to actually write something I myself would find skatterbrained enough to enjoy reading, but for now I guess youll just have to settle with the quick comment that I am in fact still alive. 

No comments: