Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Just uploaded new pictures

I just uploaded the rest of my pictures since thanksgiving so you can find them all over on my flickr account -- <http://www.flickr.com/photos/dscheffy>

I'd love to stick around a bit longer and say more at this point, but I've already been here a while and my bladders about to burst...  It looks like I'll be here one more day and then I'm going to head out early morning toward gwalior on my slow way to Calcutta.  My cold is SLOWLY getting better and I've been sleeping a lot since getting here, but my ears are still going crazy from the plane ride. 

It's like being home here, but there is one slightly annoying thing about staying at the shivalik house in Delhi -- laundry.  The moment I got here I hesitantly deposited a bag of dirty laundry knowing full well I'd likely lose about half of it...  I don't know that things actually get lost, I think they just get shuffled in the laundry queue.  Imagine a gallon of water with a small hole in the bottom.  Everyday half a gallon of water trickles out but another half gallon is added and stired into the vessel.  A week later some of that initial gallon of water is still waiting to spill out...  At the moment I'm missing 4 socks (not 4 pair of socks, but 4 socks -- two of which happen to be from the same pair) a hat and at least one pair of my precious underwear...  Another half of my things I can see hanging outside my door after having been washed this morning -- three days after I put them in the laundry.  Oh well, that's india for you...

Ok, I'm going to run off, grab a bite, use the facilities and go see the Red fort again (it was closed yesterday for monday...)

Namaste

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really want to know why that girl let you take three pictures of her buttoning up her pants. That sounds like it'd be a good story.

By the way, the back of your head was in the RedEye last Friday. Old picture of course.

Anonymous said...

Just today I had some delicious Rogan Josh. Bombay Classics Luxury Curry Sauce! AND, my washing machine is electric, computer-controlled, and driven with nice fresh water. It only loses socks once in awhile. Muhahahahah!

Anonymous said...

i think the sky is red! it's raining! walruses are invading new york! I'm tired now - I think i'll watch something on tv. I never do this, but some people think the Republicans should have stayed in power! maybe. ok! oh well!